92K1500 Going double DIN :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
No way its wide or deep enough. I had to get my dremel in the back of the cavern my stock radio in my Tahoe was in to get my Double Din in there. You could fit a basketball in that hole.

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
It would be nice if the mech-less head units were more shallow seeing as there is no cd player in there. I am checking all the depths of the different double din radios trying to see what is the most shallow mounting of them. I don't understand why all the mech-less double dins are just as deep (6"-6.5") as one with a cd/dvd drive in them seems like they could make them a lot thinner and make our life a lot easier for this upgrade. I am digging that extended dash a lot though so that could be an option for me at some point.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
the extended dash is allright, i dont like how it makes a lip over the rest of the dash, i thought the one without the heater vents looked good but then you delete heater vents

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
the extended dash is allright, i dont like how it makes a lip over the rest of the dash, i thought the one without the heater vents looked good but then you delete heater vents

Heater vents can be re routed without much effort.

Sent from my infected Android using tapatalk.