92 Truck+Camper Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Slowly catching up the build thread, trying my best to recall everything. By now its mid 2019, next up: Bent Frame.

We got a little too keen going bush for 10 days, loaded up the camper as per usual but this time we had an extra 4 or 5 full totes of firewood. Centered it over the axle best i could but the weight in combination with the rough roads did some damage to the C channel above the jounce bump stop. This was pre bags. I could feel it bottom out on the big pot holes and knew it wouldn't be pretty.

Courtesy gnar pics.
You must be registered for see images attach

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is that a 4 seasons unit? We had ours out and it decided to snow. I loved it.

Technically nah, i don't think so, although, it does handle the cold fine. Its got no basement, so all the pipes & tanks are within heated space, furnace air is ducted to the holding tanks too. That, along with the foam core + added insulation seems to keep things warm enough. Furnace is usually running 70% of the time, less during sleep time. No problems so far, we've camped a far amount in temps down to -10/-15 C. Get amongst it.

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That pic was taken the morning after an epic day of storm skiing. It is usually 5 steps down out of the camper, end of day was 3 steps down, next morning was 3 steps up. Pretty unreal.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Technically nah, i don't think so, although, it does handle the cold fine. Its got no basement, so all the pipes & tanks are within heated space, furnace air is ducted to the holding tanks too. That, along with the foam core + added insulation seems to keep things warm enough. Furnace is usually running 70% of the time, less during sleep time. No problems so far, we've camped a far amount in temps down to -10/-15 C. Get amongst it.

What you're describing here really sounds like a 4 seasons camper.