92 Truck+Camper Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZacMoto

Reaction score
Right on. Great work, I dig it.

You still rocking the 4+1 leafs out back? I am but find them too light, the 8600gvw 5+1 leaf pack would work better, as a minimum.

Any mods to the front end steering/suspension?

Curious, whats your rig weigh? Camper & all.

Again, nice work!
Yup, still have the 4+1 spring pack, but with airbags it seems ok. The King Shocks really keep it under control over bumps. The front lift kit includes an additional 2 idler arms & I'm running triple Rancho shocks now, but will be doing some custom-made double King shocks next up front.

It weighed like 7600 last I checked.

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup, still have the 4+1 spring pack, but with airbags it seems ok. The King Shocks really keep it under control over bumps. The front lift kit includes an additional 2 idler arms & I'm running triple Rancho shocks now, but will be doing some custom-made double King shocks next up front.

It weighed like 7600 last I checked.
I'm running the slightly upgraded KYB monomax shocks which have made a nice difference but I'm sure the king shocks are a step or two above that.

I think a lot of my problem, even with bags, is that my leaf packs are 30 years old, sagging is factor for sure. 5+1 leafs & sway bar install are in the future, I'm sure will help tremendously.

How does multiple front shocks work? Is there some kind of mounting bracket that gets added?

That's an ok weigh. I am at #9000-9500 depending on the gear. Extended cab & 2 more feet of camper will do that!

ZacMoto

Reaction score
I'm running the slightly upgraded KYB monomax shocks which have made a nice difference but I'm sure the king shocks are a step or two above that.

I think a lot of my problem, even with bags, is that my leaf packs are 30 years old, sagging is factor for sure. 5+1 leafs & sway bar install are in the future, I'm sure will help tremendously.

How does multiple front shocks work? Is there some kind of mounting bracket that gets added?

That's an ok weigh. I am at #9000-9500 depending on the gear. Extended cab & 2 more feet of camper will do that!
The custom-valved rear King Shocks were a massive improvement! I had Rancho XL 9000 adjustable shocks before and even cranked all the way down they couldn't handle the weight of the camper properly. I also have a HellWig rear sway bar. I may so new springs after getting my flatbed and camper, depending on how heavy it ends up being. Hoping to stay close to the weight of this setup.

Is your GVWR the same as mine?

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see your rigs weight post flatbed. Welded aluminum is pretty light. Guessing you'll do storage cabinets tucked each side?

Yup, same #7200 GVWR. My rigs weight is a bit of dilemma, I am always on the fence about what to do about it. Upgrade to a 3500 gmt800/900 or roll with the sentimental sausage. Its always been the later but having kids has swayed me towards the first option.

ZacMoto

Reaction score
I'm probably gonn do a thread on the flatbed in install and custom camper build. Hopefully the loaded weight is around or under 8k
I'll weigh my truck before and after the flatbed install and then with the new camper both dry & wet/loaded, so we'll see....

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm probably gonn do a thread on the flatbed in install and custom camper build. Hopefully the loaded weight is around or under 8k
I'll weigh my truck before and after the flatbed install and then with the new camper both dry & wet/loaded, so we'll see....
Wait... what?! Your doing a custom camper. Please tell more. And yes, do post a thread!

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is your side entry door worth the rear overhang/departure angle limit?

That thing is a unit.