92 K2500 Cruise Control Module - source or anyone rebuild?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I own a 1992 K2500hd ECLB 4x4, 454/4L80E/3.73/full posi. This spring summer I'll be a lot of towing so I''d like to get my cruise control working. I believe the module is defective. Using a test light, I probed all the external and many places internally. The brake switch, on/off, set and accelerate buttons all seem to function. Internally, traces were tested and it seems one side is good but the other side does not provide power. Hence, my conclusion the problem is the module. I searched high & low and can't find anything except a nasty looking one on Ebay. Bluestreak Electrical Services (BSE) used to offer re-manufactured ones, but they are out of stock on their website (as well as Rock Auto, Amazon, Carparts, and so many others).

Does anyone here offer the services of probing the module and replacing whatever diode, resister, capacitor or whatever is defective? Guess I'm looking for an ET. Or....anyone know where I can get a good used one?

Appreciate any help. (BTW, I searched these forums and did not uncover anything useful - if I missed something, I apologize.)

For reference, my has a part number of CM4019, 25140076 or 250744400B. I saw ads for this one that touted other part numbers - 25163330, 25074415, 25074973, 25110797, RCC4019M

NOTE: since this is an OBDI setup, I don't think the ECM connects with the CC module.

Rich
Maple Valley, WA

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get mine from the Treasure Yard. Pull 'em apart, clean the old, nasty grease out and replace with fresh. Verify the pull-ribbon, make sure it's attached and not broken. Check the gears for broken teeth. Look at the solder joints, re-flow as needed.
You must be registered for see images attach

I am enormously more suspicious of the "turnsignal lever" cruise switch than the firewall-mounted box. I see far more "turnsignal lever" switches that have broken wires than I see broken boxes. But you've already tested the "turnsignal lever" switch and found it good.

On my '88 K1500, the VSS connects to the instrument cluster. The circuitry in the instrument cluster provides a speed signal to the speedo, odometer, cruise control, ABS, and ECM. When I had a failure in the instrument cluster, all those components quit working, and I had codes for ABS and vehicle speed.

Don't forget to verify the fuse that powers the cruise control. I think some cruise boxes have longer/shorter pull-ribbons/cables than others. AFAIK, the circuitry is the same, but the cable length differs.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, Schurkey! The unit has been removed from the firewall. How does one disconnect the ribbon? Just pinch the connector and it will release?

I assume when you refer to the Treasure Yard, you are talking about a wrecking yard. I'll use a multimeter and see if I can find a component on the electrical board that is not working. Maybe I'll get lucky.