90 in a 93?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matti Koski

Reaction score
So I have a 1993 full size blazer with a 4l60e that needs a transmission rebuilt. I have a 1990 1500 with a 4l60 non e. Would there be any issues with puting the 90 transmission in the 93? The 90 is controlled by a TV cable which I would connect to control the shifting, making the transmission control wires unnecessary. Any issues with doing this and just leaving the trans wires disconnected?

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes there is the issue that the ECM wont have a trans to control and ot wont act rite. You may be able to have it tuned for that, but for all the cost and trouble, you would be better off having the OE trans rebuilt with a HD master rebuild kit, a hardened sun shell, and corvette servos. Just had mine done in my 97. Total cost was $2800, and they did all the work. Came with a 2 year, 24,000 mile warranty. Or if you want an OE rebuild it cost a little less but isnt as durable.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the OE trans rebuilt with a HD master rebuild kit, a hardened sun shell, and corvette servos. Just had mine done in my 97. Total cost was $2800, and they did all the work. Came with a 2 year, 24,000 mile warranty.
Mine [Edit--'88 700R-4] was done last summer. Almost identical work, except that I needed some planetary gears replaced, and I got a rebuilt torque converter.

Almost the same cost, same 24 month/24K mile warranty.

Last edited: