'89 Fun daily build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Everything but the tires and coil overs have already shipped. US Mags got the front wheels out quicker than Summit expected.

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Already thinking about future changes

I've always wanted to put a screen where the factory radio goes and I finally had a solid idea.

You must be registered for see images attach

Move the hvac controls down to the blank switch area & put in a 6-7" touchscreen with a raspberry pi running OpenAuto

This will require a custom dash piece or modifying an existing one, that's not an issue. This screen looks like it would fit in the area with some room for the dash piece on all sides, using a custom made dash piece would ensure it fits, could even be able to add subtle 5-10 degree tilt towards the driver side like modern cars do.

I would pass audio from the screen to the head unit, essentially having two full head units. That might change later but I like the idea of using what I already have for all its features.

Last edited:

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's been a couple of delays. First the brake kit was missing some parts, AZ Performance got that sorted and shipped quickly. I also didn't realize that the break kit changed the bolt pattern for the front wheels so we're currently waiting for Summit to send replacement wheels.

A couple more photos:

Last edited:

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heard from the shop, should be getting her back soon.

I can't post in the classifieds yet so if anyone is interested in the stock wheels (DFW Texas) send me a dm!

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We would be done by now but the React spindle + RideTech coil overs made this much lower than I want so we have to get some new parts

Attachments

• Image (3).jpeg
    Image (3).jpeg
    294.6 KB · Views: 49

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's been a couple of delays. First the brake kit was missing some parts, AZ Performance got that sorted and shipped quickly. I also didn't realize that the break kit changed the bolt pattern for the front wheels so we're currently waiting for Summit to send replacement wheels.

A couple more photos:

What bolt pattern did it change to? I thought their brakes kept the 5x5 pattern.