'89 Fun daily build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
WIP

Well I had a lot of things written out here and my browser decided to refresh so I've lost motivation to make this post. I'll update it tomorrow

Story time​

This will be long

Work done​

• General Maintenance​

• Fluids, spark plugs, distro cap
    • Performace clutch, fly wheel, & master/slave cylinders
    • AC components replaced and converted to 134a
    • Replaced serpentine belt
    • Replaced fuel filter
  • Audio​

• Hertz front speakers - DCX 460.3
    • Amp - JL Audio JX400/4D
    • AA 2din unit - AVH-4201NEX

Attachments

• 20160904_143246.jpg
    20160904_143246.jpg
    427.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Future upgrades​

Last edited:

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck is currently getting in the shop, nothing has been ordered yet but I'm getting getting the Pro Performance brake kit and replacing the worn steering and suspension parts.

The control arms need to be replaced so I'm looking at getting the ridetech arms and coilvers in front. I'm getting the react drop spindle for the brake kit and for the drop without widening the track. For the rear I'm looking at a 4" drop kit and the bilstein 4" drop shocks for now. For wheels I'm going with 20" U.S. Mags Rambler U111 so I can go up to 315s in the rear without any modifications.

Still undecided on the brake master cylinder and booster set up. I have a back injury so I need a pedal that won't kill me to use when I'm stuck in traffic.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's quite the list, Impressive and ambitious. As for the brakes, have you looked into the hydroboost from the "big boy" trucks? May be what you need to ease the back pain. Good luck and keep us updated.

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The shop who is doing the work called Pro Performance, spoke with Eddy, and they said the stock master and booster are all we need with this kit so we're going to trust them and try it out

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright, it's official.

Brakes, wheels*, & gauge cluster have been ordered. The Ridtech front coil overs & arms, rear lowering kit, and steering components** I'm getting through the shop.

Will decide on tires later but I'll be getting 245/45 front & 275/40 rear with a focus on decent wet/dry performance but more focus comfort and cost. I'm running the stock engine so I'm hoping the wider 275s will hook up better and let me get away with a less performant tire. Once I add power down the line I can run 315/35 on the rear with the wheels I got.

Next up will be front window repair or replacement, some tinting, and new window and door seals.

* Decided to also get the TPMS add-on because I like creature comforts
** I wanted to get a quick ratio steering gearbox but the mechanic talked me down. Probably a good thing because I am already wildly over budget for this phase

Last edited:

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
Just a heads up, before you order anything talk to someone that can tell you if the items are in stock. If not you could be in for a very long wait. Everything's that way now.

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just a heads up, before you order anything talk to someone that can tell you if the items are in stock. If not you could be in for a very long wait. Everything's that way now.
Appreciate you looking out. I'm keenly aware.

The item shipping the latest should ship on 5/18, that's the front wheels. Ridetech said the coilovers will ship the week before that when the shop called them to conform spring rates.