'89 350 TBI Cyl. Head Rebuild Questions>>

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlK89EXLB

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting ready to rebuild the 350 for my '89 K1500 ECLB,

I've got a few options and I'm trying to figure out what head combo to go with..
I want a decent amount of power (300-350hp) respectable MPG, and super reliability.

-I've got an .030 over kit wit stock style dished hypereutectic pistons, H/V oil pump, and a Comp #12-388-4 252/262 adv duration .425/.440 lift (PC and TBI safe).
- Hedman LT headers, 3" header back w/ h-pipe duals w/ 2x series 70 flowmasters.

For heads I dunno if I should do a;
- "performance rebuild" on the stockers
- a set of new Hi-Po 305 heads off a marine engine, 0hrs on them. With the dished pistons, I should maintain a decent comp. ration of 9.0/9.5-1 keeping it 89 pump gas friendly.

Has anyone tried done this kinda combo of a 350 with 305 heads?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
I have and didn't like it. There's nothing performance about tbi heads. A few of my favorites have been vortecs, older cast darts, world torquers, tpi heads work great, lt1 heads are fantastic if you want to rework them, to me your compression ratios are still a bit low, thats just me though. Everything depends on your price rangecheaper new heads you could go with a set of patriots because all of the ones I've seen and ran were badass

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Off subject, but don't run the high volume pump if you don't have a bigger pan. You'll end up sucking the stock pan dry as the oil doesn't have enough time to fall back down from the top end.

-Via Mobile-