88GMCtruck's never ending 88 GMC build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
Love the exhaust. Probably the best I've seen on an OBS. I like the way the tips look from behind. :cheers:

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Thanks! I've always loved the exhaust exiting at the corners, I wish i would have done them like it was previously but the way this exhaust is ran it's considerably cleaner and more protected, and you really don't see it from the side or back.

How my tips were before.
You must be registered for see images attach

1ugly88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i hate looking at tailpipes. every truck i ever owned they all got smashed or looked like crap after a few months(yeah, i'm too lazy to clean em up) the way you have em now is perfect, reminds me of an old 69 camaro my dad had when i was a kid.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
88 got a christmas present this year. Weathertech floor mats. I've had them in my 02 for quite some time, yet they have never listed them for a GMT400 truck. I more recently found out they list them for 92-99 suburbans... So figuring the floorpan is the same I ended up with a set. They are to replace the husky liners I had before.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
I picked up some gmt800 windshield washer nozzles the other day. I can't wait to hook them up. :D

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
I never realized you had seats out of a 95+ in your truck
Yup, have for quite some time. It's a 60/40.... Wish it was a solid bench with the armrest instead of the split, but those are HARD to find.

I picked up some gmt800 windshield washer nozzles the other day. I can't wait to hook them up. :D
Have fun with that. The springs on the wiper arms are a ******. You'll have to re-rivet the arms back together.

I will warn you the squirters sit differently than they do on a GMT800 and alone I don't think they give a good enough spray over the window. Working together with the stock ones though and you have a ton of water.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
So, I'm working at a junkyard in my spare time for parts. This could be dangerous.

I've already slated a black 95 pristine stepside bed. Why a new bed you ask? The fiberglass on mine is falling apart.

I also have the option to get some interior tidbits. I have wanted to and will swap my interior for grey at some point. My question to all you is, which interior? Keep the 88-94 style or swap to 95-00 style? There are so many pros and cons to each it's ridiculous.