88GMCtruck's 99 6.5L Towpig slow build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
They are super easy, it's like 9 wires. It reads everything from the VSS and class 2 data off the computer. However, the computer in my 6.5L doesn't have the required data in it to function, so i'll be trading this one for a basic compass/temp unit a friend of mine has.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if its that easy, I should do one. But something tells me that seeing the mpgs would make me rip it back out LOL

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
looking really good! love the progress and i agree with sully if i had a computer telling me my mpgs id end up ripping it out too

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Got another few things for the towpig...... so it can actually tow!

Drawtite hitch, 2 5/16" ball, and all stainless hitch lock
You must be registered for see images attach

IDK why, but I decided to go big or go home on the hitch. I feel the extra safety factor is nice. I know this is over 3x my trailer's weight, but it didn't cost much more than a 5 or 6k hitch.

3"x30' 27k recovery strap. Every vehicle that goes anywhere off pavement or in the snow needs one of these. JMHO

I haven't been able to do anything this week to the truck, we've had a ton of snow. So instead I went out in the 88 a bit.

By the end of the night it slowed down quite well. When I woke up in the morning, here what we ended up with. We already had a decent 10-12" on the ground before it started snowing, and after the night the ground at my place measured 29.5". The vehicles have all been moved at some point, the red truck obviously last and the 99 earlier in the day before.

More actual mods to come this weekend. Will be wiring the mirrors in and finally getting the trailer hooked up for a test tow!

Last edited:

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
3"x30' 27k recovery strap. Every vehicle that goes anywhere off pavement or in the snow needs one of these. JMHO

I agree, and something shackle wise for BOTH ends. You never know what the other guy is going to have be ready to help yourself out a bit. I also include a shovel.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you and I see eye to eye on so many things, its scary. Is this the internet and isnt this a forum? I thought we were supposed to argue. From now on, when I reply to your threads assume I am saying "Nuh UH!! You are more right!" LMFAO

As for the tool box, yeahhhhhh I need to get rid of my side open one in favor of a rear open tool box that I can keep my winch in.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
For your towing needs, I reccomend this: