88GMCtruck's 99 6.5L Towpig slow build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Those handles were designed for a door that was way up high, (on a kodiak or topkick) where it would have been tough to lift a standard syle GMT400 handle.

As for the mirror thing...Have you replaced your door panel clips with velcro? :wtf:

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Yup, they have a very distinct sound when you use them.

Those handles were designed for a door that was way up high, (on a kodiak or topkick) where it would have been tough to lift a standard syle GMT400 handle.

As for the mirror thing...Have you replaced your door panel clips with velcro? :wtf:
Exactly, function trumped style on the medium duty trucks. And no, the panels get new Christmas tree clips each time. I've had those doors apart so many times I don't think I could count or even remember every time.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Well, here is a few more parts.....

Door hinge pins and bushings
You must be registered for see images attach

Cab light lenses

2001+ dually clearance light

GMT800 trailer harness. Picked this up on ebay cheap, going to re-wire the trailer plug and brake controller my way, with lots of weatherpack connectors.

This is why I'm adding a later model harness: So I can easily replace the trailer connector if it becomes damaged (which seems to frequently happen to me)

My favorite style plug, 7-pin and 4-pin combination made by Hopkins. They have gasketed covers over both connectors, and have fully sealed backsides. This model plugs directly into a factory GMT800 harness.

And I can't get any of this installed, cause well, the snow has been coming down all day. I did stop on my way back from work and get a few better pictures of her with the polished PY0s, Towing mirrors and Topkick/Kodiak handles.

More details of the handles

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The handles look amazing, I like the look of them. They look tough enough to winch off of them. I say keep them, between the mirrors, wheels and handles thats the best looking 3/4 ton quad cab Ive ever seen.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Wired up the new trailer plug today. Removed the 6-pin round style plug and this T adapter.

It's still snowing so I backed the tail of the truck in the garage, so I could at least be dry....

I had planned on installing that GMT800 harness, come to find out these trucks are already wired for an RV plug, something I wasn't aware of. So, I instead just added a GMT800 style plug and soldiered everything together.

Now I just need to drill a larger hole and mount it in the bumper. I'm disappointed the PO installed the 6-pin round in the bumper where the left licence plate light was at, but it seems to be a common occurance on these trucks. Nothing I can do but re-cover it with another plug. While I was under there I pulled the licence plate harness out and tapped into it for my dually clearance light.

And after lots of measurements.

Last edited: