'88 Silverado, 150,0 swb/ fleet side Curb weight ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

n2flow

Reaction score
Hi Guys, My name is Ken and I have a newbie question that I'm willing to bet some of you can help me with.
For quite a while now i've been curious about what my truck weighs. I can take it to the scales this spring for a accurate weigh-in, but not right now. I'm looking for what you've seen comparable trucks weigh in at..just as a ball park guesstimate.
A few details: '88 Silverado, 1500,swb/fleetside, originally a 350/ 700r4 truck with all the typical Silverado trim and power options. Basically your run of the mill Papaw truck.
I've changed a few things since purchasing it , so it's not bone-stock anymore. It now has a 406 ,roller,aluminum Victor Jr heads and vic jr intake, 1 3/4 Super comp headers into dual 3" exhaust with Borla mufflers. It still retains all the creature comfort parts though ie: A/C , power steering, P. brakes, P. windows, etc.. and is backed by the original tranny ( upgraded internals). It still retains a 10-bolt Rear end out back (I added a locker and 4.10's). It has a fairly heavy 4-core radiator in it now. Interior is stock..bench seat. Rolling stock consist of 16x8 Centerline billet truck wheels and 255/70/16s.

So based on the above, what have you fellas seen similar trucks weigh in at ? I've heard this heap is anywhere from 3,800 to 4,300 Lbs ??? Thanks Guys , Ken

Last edited: