85 C10 zip tie and duck tape special (long term project)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just saved this old square from going to the crusher which is where it was going to be heading by the end of the week. It's an 85 C10 it has a 305 in it not sure of trans prob a th350. The big items it needs are a bed, interior, hood, gas tank and title. Would like to do a LS 5.3 swap to it. Not sure on how to get a title as of now worse case scenario I suppose is buying another cab with a title. I gave 225.00 bucks for it. These old trucks are getting harder and harder to find so I consider it a good save even though there's a lot missing. Not sure what to do with it though so ideas are welcome. However the bad news my fiancé is furious with me for buying it but I guess she'll get over it.
You must be registered for see images attach

Engine needs a intake and carb to run. Sad looking 305.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Super easy to work on and parts are plentiful, doublecheck to see if it needs a title, some states don't require them after a certain year.

Make that BEFORE a certain year.

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Super easy to work on and parts are plentiful, doublecheck to see if it needs a title, some states don't require them after a certain year.

Make that BEFORE a certain year.

I agree I've owned several and love this body style and I didn't want to see it get crushed. In NC it has to have a title kinda stupid I think. Guess I may have to go to DMV and talk about getting a new title I have the bill of sale from previous owner and receipts and what not from where I bought it today.

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn good looking body, hardly any bad rust that I can see. That was a good call saving that truck.

There's not much a little in the rockers and cab corners but not bad. I need to get the rubber mat out of it and spray it out.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what I wanna know is how folks save vehicles from the crusher. You just happen to see it in line to be crushed and pipe up that you'll buy it outright as is?

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what I wanna know is how folks save vehicles from the crusher. You just happen to see it in line to be crushed and pipe up that you'll buy it outright as is?

This was on Craigslist actually lol they put it on there for parts and I went and talked to the old guy that had it he said it was going to the crusher by the end of the week if I didn't buy it so I bought it. I wish I had time to go sit at the crusher an junkyard here there's been some really nice stuff wind up there around here.

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thinking it will be painted satin black and maybe do Isley Chevrolet on the door like the old dealer shop trucks.

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got another cab for it guess it'll be an 87 now since dmv wouldn't let me get a title for it since it says parts only on the bill of sale for the 85 cab so I got this 87 cab with clear title. Pulled this off only took an hour and a half didn't take long at all surprisingly.