8 lug to 6 lug swap ?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron95obs

Reaction score
I just changed my 98 crew cab longbed c3500 over to C2500 suspension all my other Chevy truck in the yard are all 6 lug an I got tired of hunting for 8 lug rims when I have plenty of 6 lug to choose from but I started with a c2500 4.5 lift spindles..then I adde the 6 lug rotors , steel braided break hoses (optional) and a combination u joint to marry my driveshaft to the 2500 axle..so spline,rotor, axle,u joint is all you really need to go to 8 lug to 6 lug on a 2wd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info

WhiskeyTango93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Payload is the only suffrage here , as you're going from a full float to a semi float, thus putting the weight on the axleshaft , not the hub....

My.02.... Carry on , just watch the tongue weight/ trailer balance and you'll be fine

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Idk about 2wd but with the 4wd trucks the 8 lug front and 6 lug front is a completely different system, no bolt-on swaps possible. Even if its a 6 lug 2500, its still got the 1500 front end, just with stiffer springs.

Keep your 8 lug front and if possible go with a FF 14 bolt. They are easier to find than the SF 14. Trust me, I have a 4.10, G80, 6 lug 14b SF sitting in my yard right now that took me years to find, yet every time I went to the pick-n-pull I would walk by multiple FFs with G80s and good gears (3.73 and 4.10 depending on what tire size you want). They are also way stronger, and if you do break an axle with a FF your wheel wont fall off like it would with a SF.