8 lug Dodge hubs bolt up to 6 lug GM knuckle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
As dumb as it sounds I really don't want that much diff unless I were to lift the truck and put bigass tires on. Just more weight, drag, and less ground clearance.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
can also shave the 10.5. I will comply that having a dually lowered 6" on michigan rods has led me the experience of tearing up the bottom of that 10.5 so i get it. Otherwise i get it, 6 lug SF from an obs or 800 would work. the 800 8 lug with 6 lug 400 shafts would be nice since sourcing a disc axle would be that much easier.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Since you're welding on perches no matter what with an 800 diff, why not snag one from an SUV? Weren't they more generous with the rear discs on those? Or was that just a one off day at the junkyard for me?

GordonCustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why'd you stick old style axles in there? Those came 6 lug too. I imagine you had to weld all the perches on though?
Yeah i did have to weld the perches. But my 10 bolt was going out and i tow offten so i wanted something a little stronger that had factory disc brakes. The 6 lug axles i used i got for free and the 02 14 bolt was cheap and i originally got it cause i was going to do 8 lug swap so it all came together at a reasonable price.

Last edited:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
OK so you snagged an 8 lug 800 axle and converted to 6 lug. Makes more sense.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
what would keep a guy from bolting some 8 lug knuckles in place of the 6 luggers? I figure if it was just that easy, everyone would be doing it. I know the UCA is different, but unsure how that and the knuckle play together.

jdla140

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what would keep a guy from bolting some 8 lug knuckles in place of the 6 luggers? I figure if it was just that easy, everyone would be doing it. I know the UCA is different, but unsure how that and the knuckle play together.

@texacoboy on instagram did it. NBS 2500HD knuckles Would be a HUGE brake upgrade as well

You must be registered for see images attach

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@texacoboy on instagram did it. NBS 2500HD knuckles Would be a HUGE brake upgrade as well

You must be registered for see images attach

Huh. I guess with enough time and money anything can happen; guess I need to follow this guy to see what all he's got goin on.