700r4 LS1 5.3L swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Deven and i had this exact conversation on another forum we are both on. If you want an LSX engine you are far better off doing the extra wiring and gaining the MPFI.

Agreed. But if you need it to run immediately and don't have the cash you can at least get the LS going on your TBI system. Then you can upgrade as you go. You will be reducing the LS motors output but don't be mistaken, it will still be a huge improvement over an L05 or any other Gen 1 for that matter.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
It is counter productive in terms of power but its the easiest way to get it to run. Essentially it is converting the LS to run on an electronic carb. Better cold start and emissions than a carb, easier to get results than a full MPFI swap. From there you can start getting the rest of the parts together while being able to drive the truck.

TBI is junk compared to MPFI. There's no reason to do the swap of that's your plan.

An LS swap isn't something you're gonna do in a weekend. Your method is just a waste of time and resources. If you're gonna do it, do of right the first time.

-Powered by KABOOM Mobile-

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
TBI is junk compared to MPFI. There's no reason to do the swap of that's your plan.

An LS swap isn't something you're gonna do in a weekend. Your method is just a waste of time and resources. If you're gonna do it, do of right the first time.