700R4 Lock Out in Fourth Gear Immediatly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
I've been chasing transmission problems/nuisances since I got the truck a year ago. Long story short, did lots of repairs and works great now. However, as soon as it kicks into fourth gear, right out the bat, TCC lock out engages. If I barely drag the brake pedal, it disengages like it should and I can get a little more power when I need it.

It started doing this right after I replaced the TCC solenoid and fourth gear pressure switch. Before that, the transmission had lock out, then one day, no lock out; hence the replacement parts. So basically it's somewhat doing the opposite.

Could it be that the pressure switch is defective? Maybe a line pressure problem? Did I crimp the wires on backwards to the TCC (I matched black to black)? It doesn't seem to be a common issue from for the 700R4's from the research I've done..

Probably doesn't directly correlate but I think the previous owner installed a Corvette servo so first-second shifts are firm.

Any help/direction will be appreciated, thanks!