700r4 issues!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevy_2_low

Reaction score
so first and for most my truck is a 1990 chevy c1500 and has a 5.7l tbi, well today i was driving my truck and came to a stop light (and like a dumbass:Insane:) attempted to do a power brake burnout...... well the end result of that was my truck wouldn't move any more in overdrive.... or drive.... or 2nd, but when i put it in first gear the truck actually moved and i proceed to put it back into OD and everything shifted smoothly??? So this is where things get weirder as i came to another stop light id downshifted into ever gear accept for when i got below 10mph the truck would act like it was in neutral and then i had to do the down sift into 1st and and back to OD for it to essentially manually get first gear to work but after that it shifts just fine. So in short i've rebuilt this transmission along with a few others myself and this has been in my truck for three years with no issue until now, i've never had a transmission failure/issue like this my whole time dealing with 700r4's so if any one could shed some light on this subject that would be great.

P.s. i checked my fluid level and the level was fine but the color was a little brown and slightly aerated not sure if that will help some on on figuring this out but i decided to just add that in there.

Pighuntin

Reaction score
I am by no means a transmission guy. Couple things to check if you can. Is there any debris in the pan? You would have to remove the pan to look. If the pan is reasonably clean, then I would suggest checking line pressure. A gut instinct without actually driving the truck would seem to me that a trans pump failed.