7.4 Vortec k2500 Exhaust Manifold/ Header Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes- RC 6 inch but torsion bars in lowest setting so it’s more like 4 inches

Speaking of torsion bars: http://realiftsusp.com/

If I were to lift mine (which may be in the cards in a couple years) I'd utilize these offset adapters. Lifts look great and work great, but the lack of break over angle if you don't SAS an IFS is a bummer.

One of these days....

In any case, post some pics of those airbags. Do you have a build thread?

Aparke4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Speaking of torsion bars: http://realiftsusp.com/

If I were to lift mine (which may be in the cards in a couple years) I'd utilize these offset adapters. Lifts look great and work great, but the lack of break over angle if you don't SAS an IFS is a bummer.

One of these days....

In any case, post some pics of those airbags. Do you have a build thread?

No build thread though it’s worthy of one as this has been my project for the last 4 years.

I really really wants to do SAS with links and coil overs but also like the simplicity of a Ford Dana 60 bolt in affair with leafs. WFO is only 2 hours away so I extremely tempted to get all parts and have them do a clean install. I sprung for IFS as The RC had a Black Friday Sale from Morris 4x4 and I knew I could confidently install in my drive with no welder needed. I plan on overlanding and some medium core wheeling and as much as I like the ifs on road, there is little to no flex in the torsion bar set up. The real lift drop bracket eliminators are a must have. The frame exposed with body lift is one thing but the drop bracket just hanging down even further is pretty dang low and is a huge rock magnet.

I can snap a few pics of the airbags in the rear. I went with the bolt on Firestone setup for this era truck and have them “wired” independently. I often have some heavy payloads and they have helped dramatically with ride and leveling. Around town I keep 8-10 psi in them and they are technically good for up to 90 though that would be overkill even for a gooseneck or heavy bumper bull trailer.

81nascar

Reaction score
Sweet !!! looks good. I did my oil lines as well. I went through 3 sets of them from all different manufactures and they ALL leaked after time.. Got sick of it so I took my lines to a hydraulic shop add had them make me new ones . Now I don't have any issues and the should last the life of the truck or me.