6 BOLT CONVERSION ON A C-1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Like stated, the rotors will fit, but what are your plans for the truck? Are you wanting to lower, lift or leave it stock? And also what rims are you wanting to run? My truck has a 4" spindle lift and I have to run .25" wheel spacers up front for my nnbs 17's not to rub the spindles.

Here's a pic

You must be registered for see images attach

COBRA-13

Reaction score
I will either leave it stock or put a simple lift that can still use the stock parts. As for the wheels im just wanting some 15 inch aftermarket , something like those black rockcrawlers or so. by the way how do u change your profile picture?

Jesse82nc

The Burb
Reaction score
I have a 96 C1500, it was a 5-lug with the 2WD 10-bolt 3.73 G80. I put on the 96 2500LD 6-lug rotors up front and a 97 K1500 4x4 14-bolt 3.73 (swapped to 4.56 aftermarket) G80. The 4x4 rear is 3" wider, but I have the RC 4" spindles in front, which pushed my front out about 1.5" on each side, so it matches now.

The front is super easy for the 6-lug swap. The rear isn't that bad, depends how good you are.

COBRA-13

Reaction score
If the rear axle matches up the same i can live with the 1.5 on each side. I would just be slightly narrow in front. Im running 31x10.50 as is right now so i dont think it would be to bad, after a swap i might run 33's.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I started on my 6 lug swap a few days ago and everything went well. The axles i got from Moser worked great and the k1500 front rotors that I used for the rear fir great but I had to grind down 2 spots on the backing plate on the outer pad to clear the rotor but no biggie. Now waiting on the control arms to come in from MMW so I can continue on the front.
You must be registered for see images attach