6.6 LML Duramax Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I'm just gonna jump in here - not about the original post or whats being argued - but about the attitudes. I'm not pointing fingers, but there is just a bit too much e-flexing going on. Lets not drive off new members, especially those with valuable knowledge to share. Keep it classy guys.

Lets not alienate ourselves - the board itself pretty much drove off TheGreatWhite, and that was a painful loss to the community.

TheFerm - glad to have you on board here. I followed your build thread on the other forum, and strongly considered (and am currently considering) a 12v gen 1 cummins swap because of it.

No one has ever been driven from this forum that hasn't deserved to go. Including him. I've been here since the start, and I've seen this place evolve, so I can say that with confidence.

THEFERMANATOR

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
In fact, it has been proven the opposite. 6.5L 1/2 tons did indeed come with different torsion bars.

You seem to have a different understanding of this all. You're saying that it is possible to do, and it won't break. Well, this is true. People put plows on the front of 1/2 tons all the time. But just because it can be done, and just because it won't break, doesn't mean it's the best approach to the situation, and doesn't mean it won't cause other issues. Like I previously stated, You can't change static weight, keep the same spring rate, and expect something to handle the same. If he's got the ability to change torsion bars, it would be beneficial to him. Sure, he can leave the ones that are in there, but it would be better if he were to change them.

I'm not trying to get into a d!ck swinging contest with you. But I tune suspension day in and day out. It's what I do. For 10 hours a day I weld, and for the other 6 I tune suspension. You've got a Duramax swapped GMT400? Cool! I've done a few engines swaps myself. You moderate a very small unpopular forum? Cool! I've administered literally millions.

The problem you're having is with perspective. You're looking at it as far as what is possible to do, and I'm looking at it as far as what is better to do. You can do a SAS without moving your axle forward. That's very possible to do. You can put a body lift on without extending your shift linkage. That's very possible to do. You can weld in patch panels without first having sprayed weldable primer on the back side. That's very possible to do. But none of them are the right thing to do.

Well, that's your OPINION(and we all know what part of our bodies our opinion resembles). And i said NOTHING about the forum I'm a moderater on, so thanks for being a ****** and belittling another board with VAST amounts of 6.5L knowledge just because we primarily only have 6.5L traffic, and there isn't much of that anymore(unless you go to DP where they discuss EVERYTHING to do with a GMT-400 truck in the 6.5L section, or ANYTHING for that matter including OT). And again, this is YOUR OPINION! I used to frequent the boards answering questions about swaps and other such things as I also have been doing this for a LONG time(WAY before I EVER heard of a forum, let alone joined one), but the childish d!ck swinging behavior many exhibit pushed me away from most. I came here to answer questions about this swap with FACTS that have been PROVEN to work since there is so many OPINIONS of so called experts out there that say you need to do this or that. He!!, I to was wrong about alot on doing these swaps when I 1st dove into mine, but by the time I was done I had found out what worked, and what was myth. It is tough delving through what NEEDS to be done, and what others feel SHOULD be done.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
There you go. You've said it yourself. You're perspective is what's wrong. You are looking at things on a "what I have to do" basis. I am giving insight based on what would be best to do. I'm beating a dead horse saying it again.

THEFERMANATOR

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
There you go. You've said it yourself. You're perspective is what's wrong. You are looking at things on a "what I have to do" basis. I am giving insight based on what would be best to do. I'm beating a dead horse saying it again.

I'm giving perspective on what ACTUALLY works, not what theoretically works.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think you guys should argue about it a little more.

/s