5.7 TBI Rebuild "chip" question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

birdman11

Reaction score
custom chip

I recently purchased a used 350 engine for my truck. My question is this: At what point would I need to change the chip in my computer? what are the reasons someone would upgrade the chip? The build is really nothing extreme. I plan on using the edelbrock performer TBI Intake. The performer plus cam kit. Stock heads, stock throttle body, cold air intake. I just want to boost the OE a little while maintaining MPG.

If you or anyone needs one. I can burn you a nice custom 350 TBI chip. $50

1BAD89

Reaction score
i am interested in one i will send you a pm. thanks

Wstrnsky

Big Sky Country
Reaction score
Wow makes me wonder if I should pull my towmaster chip I got from him and put my stock chip back in. I always had a slight stumble right when I first start up and take off. Glad I still have my stock chip. And also my old superchip.

Sent from my Choppa using Tapatalk HD

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i would check your plugs and see what they look like first. also get rid of the open element and go back to a stock gutted filter housing with a salad bowl and a smooth tube to the fender.