5/7 drop question ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryhno

Reaction score
Ok I have a question? Would a 1994 extended cab step side truck sit the same height as a 1991 standard cab long bed sit with a 5/7 drop? I’m asking because I sold my 91 sclb and bought a 94 ecsb and the extended cab sits about 1 inch higher in the nose than the standard cab did? The only difference in the way I lowered them is, the 91 standard cab has 2” DJM lower control arms and a 3” DJM drop spring and the 94 extended cab has 3” DJM control arms and 2” DJM drop springs. Same size tires and wheels also. I’ve never owned a obs extended cab before and don’t know the answer to this? Thanks

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of in this scenario is the spring rate or inconsistency in the drop of the spring. They both small block v8 (weight difference)? I always wondered about those drop LCAs. I wonder how they would react with coil-overs?

Soflanick911

Reaction score
Any clearance issues with the 2” control arms and 3” springs? About to rip out my 2” springs for the 3” ...