4x4 issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So have a 95 k1500 that I had swapped out my front diff with a 94 front diff with higher gears. I recently went bigger so I had my original front diff fitted with even higher gears and swapped out the 94 back to my 95. The back story doesn't matter too much other than the fact that 4x4 was working properly before I swapped everything back in again or else I wouldn't have mentioned any of it. I have the manual t case and when I enagage 4 wheel I get no lights nor 4wd. I swapped back the actuator that I knew was working for sure and the other sensor (I call it a sensor bc I really don't know what it is for) that sits above the actuator was one I had sitting on a shelf from the previous swap, I don't remember which diff it came from. I pulled the actuator and and hit 4wd and the pin never pushed out but I haven't had a chance to get an electrical tester to see if it's truly the issue yet. I just don't understand why it would work fine and once I pull it, it coincidentally goes bad. Any suggestions?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
First of all I'm guessing you mean lower gears not higher and does your actuator extend when engaged?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Just put a position lok in that's what I did