4wd question!!! Help me pleaseeeee!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97Rabbit

Reaction score
Alright fellows im at a total lose right now!! I have a 97 4wd ecsb 5.7 Silverado and my 4wd wont work!! You can hear the transfer case engaging but neither of the front tires are spinning!!! I've replaced the actuator and the 4wd hi lo and 2wd switch and still no luck!!! Its the np 243? Electronic 4wd any help would be amazing its starting to drive me nuts!!! Thanks Terry

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does the drive line coming out of the transfer case going to the front turn with relation to the rear drive line?

(Yes) Then your actuator, or donkey dick in your front end is likely to blame

No your could have transfer case issues or a improper install on the actuator on the t-case

97Rabbit

Reaction score
Yea the drive shaft to the front is spinning but ive tried 3 different actuators in it with still no luck! Bout ready to ship her off to the freaking shop and let them deal with it!!

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Send me your email via PM and I'll send you a document that steps you though the troubleshooting.

I've had it up on free file hosting a couple times, but it keeps getting deleted after a couple weeks.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I had to file host it again. It's 47 mb and too big to email apparently:

http://www.filedropper.com/pushbutton4x4

Go for the gray colored "download this file" button and it should ask you to enter a captcha style code. The other ones on the page are advertisement links.

Don't try and download it on a phone, get to a laptop or desktop with high speed internet.

Last edited: