4l80e hard shift from 2-3 gear.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mildphil

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Doesn't seem like the valve did a thing. Trans still shifts harder in 3rd than anything else. I don't know if this should have worked immediately (I'm assuming so) but nothing feels different. Drove the truck about 20 mins after it warmed up.

Mildphil

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Trans seems to shift hardest around 1500rpm. Under that and it's smooth, closer to 2k rpm and above and it shifts better too. Any reason behind this?

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it’s time to hook up a pressure gauge and see if there’s any clues there.

Mildphil

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think it’s time to hook up a pressure gauge and see if there’s any clues there.
Yeah that's probably going to be my next move, just need to buy a pressure gauge. Towing a trailer today and it shifted just fine. I wonder if it could even be electrical? Hmmm.

Mildphil

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update after a long while: I've been very busy and haven't really had anytime to do anything on the truck. Issue is still there but not as bad as it was. Sometimes it shifts nice, othertimes you notice when it shifts into third. Same issue for 4th and OD though. Sometimes it shifts into 4th so smooth I can't feel a thing, other times I feel it shifting into 4th. It's also a 50/50 chance that I feel the shift into overdrive, just feels clunky or unrefined. Hopefully this information can help diagnose the issue. If I had more time/money/another vehicle then I would probably have solved the problem by now!