4l60e trans acting like someone's holding the brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrmbrown93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1994 k1500 with a 4l60e the trans goes into gear but when u go to take off it acts like someone is holding the brakes could someone please help

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
And this will sound silly but be sure your brakes aren't actually locked up on any of the wheels. Bad flex hoses in the front are somewhat notorious and will lock up a wheel on you.

Richard

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
And this will sound silly but be sure your brakes aren't actually locked up on any of the wheels. Bad flex hoses in the front are somewhat notorious and will lock up a wheel on you.

Richard

True, jack it up and see that one of your brakes is not actually holding lol.

jrmbrown93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure the breaks aren't holding cause I've put it in 4 wheel drive and it still feels like the breaks are holding and its obd1 how do I check for limp mode

jrmbrown93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
And when you drive it the trans shifts funny and acts like it dont want to change

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Check the trans fuse. It being blown is the #1 cause of limp mode in these trucks. It starts in 2nd gear if its blown.

jrmbrown93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuse is good already checked that and when u start off it has a lil shimmy to it