4l60e bell housing swaps between engines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edward

Reaction score
Alright I have a 98 GMC Sierra single cab short bed and currently running a 4.3 on a 4l60e 4spd I am going to do a 5.3 swap soon...I know the tranny has a removable bell housing if I change it do I need to change converter and input shaft or what..please add anything that will help on this build

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
You actually don't have to change bells for that. But if you did, it would only require the bell, nothing else.

Edward

Reaction score
The reason I ask is because for the 5.3 bell housing it has one extra bolt hole at the top and one less at the bottom

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
The reason I ask is because for the 5.3 bell housing it has one extra bolt hole at the top and one less at the bottom

Correct, most people just run it as is. However, if you'll lose sleep at night over it, or if you already have the 5.3 bell anyway, the bell alone is all you need. Converter and input shaft stay the same.

Edward

Reaction score
I just want to make sure there are not snags because it's my daily driver and first swap thanks for your input

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
I just want to make sure there are not snags because it's my daily driver and first swap thanks for your input

I understand how that goes.

With your truck being a 98, it's possible you can swap to a 0411 PCM with a PINOUT from Lextech, then an LS swap from there is apparently pretty easy. I haven't done a swap into one of these trucks myself, so that's about all I have.

0411 info is here, http://www.gmt400.com/threads/12200411-pcm-swap-for-1996-to-2000-gmt400-trucks.9644/