454ss Wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rodg1984

Reaction score
Came across these on craigslist, look like 454ss wheels. Debating about getting them for my truck. Any thoughts/opinions.
Says set of four, only picture of one, and no mention of center caps or overall condition. EDIT: (should read closer) Says in very good condition.
$150
You must be registered for see images

For this truck
You must be registered for see images

clist ad
http://wichita.craigslist.org/pts/1652338761.html

Last edited:

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be weary, there are pics but they are NOT the 454SS wheels from what I can tell. It looks like a set of 5-lug 6 spoke, possibly ford wheels.

If you need to ask any questions to him, one needs to be the bolt pattern on those tires.
454SS wheels have 5 spokes IIRC. these are 6.

If you have some spare craft wood, I would make a wood jig of your lig pattern to make sure that any CL wheels you look at will fit yours.

Check em out, but I would be weary if you were looking for SS wheels.

rodg1984

Reaction score
What 454 wheels I seen were six spoke.
Assuming these are factory.
You must be registered for see images attach

Judging by his description they would be for a GM.
Should fit most 1/2 ton trucks, including 4x4s, Chevy, GMC and Jeep.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my bad then. i thought 454 SS wheels were 5 spoke mags

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
454 SS wheels and Chevy Sport Wheels basically are the same to me as far as looks. I've heard that the 454SS wheels are 15x8 and the Chevy Sport Wheels are 15x7 but I've never personally measured nor do I know if the size difference is true or there is a difference between the 2 other than the center caps.

If you go to look at wheels and they're clean jump on them for $150. Center caps, external thread nuts and lug caps can be found all day any day on Ebay.

Last edited:

rodg1984

Reaction score
Gonna send the guy an email this evening. Hopefully he would be willing to hold them till wednesday, the only day in the next two weeks I'd be able to go look at them due to work and he's an hour and a half away from me.

rodg1984

Reaction score
Well **** me. Just had a few minutes here at work and was going to email him and the listing has been taken down.