4 Hi Headlight Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
does anyone else when they swtich to high the hid lows flicekr for a second? could it be the small crappy wire i used from the high beams and low beams to the relay?

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It doesn't have anything to do with the relay. It's the truck. My '91 has and '94 had that same flicker when switching back and forth. I took the relay off of my '94 and put it on my '98 Suburban and there is no flicker. I helped a friend with the hi-4 on his '97 and he didn't have the flicker either.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so then it would be the stock headlight harness is the problem? mines a 95. i switched to bigger wire from the low and high to relay and still flicker

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldn't say it's a "problem" so much as that's just how it works with the way things are run on the earlier trucks. They must have changed something when switching to the OBD-II/DRL wiring setups that somehow eliminated the flicker when doing the hi-4. I'm no electrical guy by any means, this is just a vague theory.

willdabeast69

Mudd Slutt
Reaction score
so i just did this mod and it didn't work... the lights just act normal. i checked all the connections and everything and they're all right

(1998 k1500)

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
so i just did this mod and it didn't work... the lights just act normal. i checked all the connections and everything and they're all right

(1998 k1500)

Hummmm.......Are you sure you tapped into the correct wire? I had no problems on my '98