4 Hi Headlight Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey Meangreen, you think you could do this for a newer truck? Again, much rather give you cash than a large corporation.

Yeah I sure could! I've been brainstorming lately on some more kits i could make up and offer, and the 98-02 and the 03-07 are on the list. I just need to find a truck around here that i can look at real good and see just how to do it. The 4-Hi kit that i sell for the 88-98's should also work on the NBS trucks in theory, I just haven't been able to test it yet!

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I sure could! I've been brainstorming lately on some more kits i could make up and offer, and the 98-02 and the 03-07 are on the list. I just need to find a truck around here that i can look at real good and see just how to do it. The 4-Hi kit that i sell for the 88-98's should also work on the NBS trucks in theory, I just haven't been able to test it yet!

Well man, if you get her sorted, tell me where to send my money!! You only take paypal right??

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well man, if you get her sorted, tell me where to send my money!! You only take paypal right??

Alright man will do! I have to do a little more researching, and i should be offering some more kits including a HD headlight harness within the next few weeks! And yes, I prefer Paypal just because it's a lot faster and easier then the ol' snail mail! :handshake:

Pynkie89

Reaction score
so i just did a proof of concept for the 4-hi mod on my 94 k1500 and got stumped when i tried to wire the high beams through the relay in series, this mod to my knowledge has to be done with the high and lows in parallel to the relay because the voltage drop of the relay is too much to provide the voltage needed for the lights.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so i just did a proof of concept for the 4-hi mod on my 94 k1500 and got stumped when i tried to wire the high beams through the relay in series, this mod to my knowledge has to be done with the high and lows in parallel to the relay because the voltage drop of the relay is too much to provide the voltage needed for the lights.

I don't know. I PM'd Mean Green and said " I WANT ALL THE BRIGHT LIGHTS" and he said ok send me $xx, and I said "ok".

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do as the write up says... its easy. if it doesnt work the first time check the wire taps. i did this a while ago and no luck so i gave up. lookd at it this weeknd and high beam wire tap didng go through the insulation. now i have 4high. was free! and hid lows are nice with the stock highs lol just the yellow looks bad next to it
You must be registered for see images attach

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i know everyone does this with the little side-by-side clip connectors, but i am not a big fan of them. has anybody done this another way so they are not needed?

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i know everyone does this with the little side-by-side clip connectors, but i am not a big fan of them. has anybody done this another way so they are not needed?

Cut, Splice, Solder. That's how I did it. I also did mine on the drivers side. I got access to the wiring harness right there by the ECM and then placed my relay under the ECM. Looks stealth and stock.

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea thats probably what i'm gonna hafta do, just trying to avoid modifying the factory harness as much as possible, but hey as long as it improves it!