4 Hi Headlight Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If this has already been answered sorry to re ask. But does doing the 4 hi mod take all the load strain the stock harness headlight and dimmer switch would normally be under

No. It doesn't add any strain/load to it because when in "Hi 4" mode the power to the low beams comes through the relay... The power to the high beams still comes through the stock wiring. Also when on low beams the power still comes through the stock wiring.

If you do it like Kable did it though then yes it would but he actually built his own relay harness which made it simple to do the Hi 4 at the same time. The relay harness is the best way to go if you take your time and do it well... You don't want a cheap relay or a bad joint to leave you without headlights in the middle of nowhere at night... If you have HID's then the relay harness is even more beneficial.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got mine from LMC truck, really great upgrade for coming home on back roads at night. This with the Silverstar Ultras make the truck awesome at night.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got mine from LMC truck, really great upgrade for coming home on back roads at night. This with the Silverstar Ultras make the truck awesome at night.

With HIR bulbs they are sweet too! My bulbs are Toshiba HIR bulbs which are halogen so they still have the proper pattern unlike HIDs and are completely legal. They have the highest lumen rating of any equivalent halogen bulb IIRC. They are really pricey though.

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bought mine from MeanGreen, should be here in the next couple weeks.

Actually really looking forward to this mod especially with these dark country roads, Just need to get a set of HIDs for the highs now :) (Chucks Darn!)

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
I did this mod. this weekend and it works/looks great!!!! Thanks for the write up Ginger!!!