4 Hi Headlight Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Sewlow58 good to see a fellow Canadian! And a close one at that (I'm in kamloops) you mention buying a kit? If I follow the first post on this thread am I essentially making my own kit? I'm super comfortable with wiring ( 6 amp kits, 2 pairs of running lights, back up lights, Work lights....) and I thought the procedure looked simple enough. Also do you use 1 relay per side? The original post shows 1 relay but never mentions doing anything with the light on the other side Of the truck? Thanks for the help guys.

Yea, I'm back on the 'Wet Coast'. I lived in the Okanagan for almost 18 years. I consider that home, but I grew up here.
'Mean Green" sells a kit for this. A little more $$$ than the ebay ones, but they are made to a higher standard than those. Apparently a better installed method, too. Plug & play. I'm no wiring genius, but this is pretty simple stuff.
And yes, it only wires into on side.

Nitrofreak

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I realized after posting that that they run in a circuit and not two separate sides. Hahaha. I'm dumb. I'm doing this mod tomorrow. While I install my new PIAA running lights!

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
my input on "why it's only wired on 1 side"

you tap into the wires on the pass. side because the main harness is ran from the pass. side. It makes more sense when you pull the grill and see it for yourself. If you tap the wires before the "T", you're actually "feeding" both sides power when that relay is powered.

i was confused about this until i pulled the grille and saw the actual harness and where it was coming from and going to.

rdlyn13000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I gotta ask, ive noticed that guys are doing this with HID's which is great because it is what i also plan to do! I already have HID's in my low beams but stock in the highs. Im going to order another set of HID's for the high beems before I do this but what im wondering is if anybody has done this with all 55w HID's? From the posts that I read nobody states what wattage they are using for HID's?? Will I be ok running 55w on all 4? I already have 55w on the lows...

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I gotta ask, ive noticed that guys are doing this with HID's which is great because it is what i also plan to do! I already have HID's in my low beams but stock in the highs. Im going to order another set of HID's for the high beems before I do this but what im wondering is if anybody has done this with all 55w HID's? From the posts that I read nobody states what wattage they are using for HID's?? Will I be ok running 55w on all 4? I already have 55w on the lows...

Please be courteous to the other drivers on the roads and DO NOT run 55w lowbeam HIDs. 35w HIDs is more than enough light for lowbeams. Leave the 55w to secondary lighting.

rdlyn13000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive actually been running 55w HID's in my low beams in 4 of my vehicles over the last 3-4 years now and have had maybe 5 people flash me over the course. If they are pointed correctly they shouldn't bother anybody more then any other light.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
you either have ****** hids or patient drivers your in a truck you are def blinding the hell out of people rather you say you are or not sorry to be blunt Im just saying

rdlyn13000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Must be ****** HID's?? I know they are cheaper in price that is why I buy them, I guess you get what you pay for right??

Anyways has anyone ran the 55w in both low and hi beam with this 4 light mod? Just curious how it holds up??

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
I dont think anyone on here is but if your going to Id hit up mean green for a harness this way you know your good he can add another relay in it for the 4hi