4 dual filament headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A pieper

Reaction score
I want to convert my headlight to have 4 highs and 4 lows is there any way I can do that?.... I already did the 4 high mod and I like the way it looks bit the low beams are lacking

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You could use four high/low beam bulbs and modify the harness a little :shrug: However... I believe if you have composite headlights the high beam is aimed up in the housing. So the answer would be no... Add fog lights or go HIR/HID headlights.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
What year/style are your lights?
Should be a fairly easy mod with a little wiring...

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
All the composite headlights use 9005 and 9006 bulbs, which are single filament and the housings are designed for low and high beam. The quad sealed beams are an odd size and are also single filament.

What he is asking isn't off the shelf possible. The ONLY way you could do this is if you find the stupidly hard to get Bosch quad headlights like I have - which are no longer produced or available from GM. They use dual filament H4 bulbs and have the capability of running 4 lows and 4 highs. IF you can find these expect to pay a decent amount for them.

Best bet is to run a decent headlight housing like the TYC elegante's, HIR or HID lamps, and install a set of fog lights.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
There is no simple way to put a different bulb in the housing and make it work properly. There is only ONE focal point inside the housing for the bulb filament. When you move the bulb in and out, the pattern goes for a dump. This is also why HID's installed in normal halogen housings suck.

If you are well versed in fabrication, you might be able to modify the rad cradle and the housings and place a mini H1 projector behind the front lens. This will work best with a clear lens with no fresnel lines in it, unlike the factory lens.