4/6 drop rear air bag kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do they make anything that would work with a flipkit in the rear ? I looked but not to familiar with this air bag stuff...

Any kits out there

97 ext cab

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Helper bags is probably what I need. I just want something I can use to lift the truck if I need to. Like speed bumps, angled driveways and shiat

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I had some helper bags on my '98 before I redid the rear suspension (Again! X4! Or...was that the 5th time? Anyways...)
At that time it was @ 4/6. I needed the bags more for carrying weight than to lift it up & down over speed bumps & such. Ground clearance wasn't really an issue at that drop height.
I don't have any pix. Maybe I can describe the way they were mounted.
The bags came with a few different style brackets. I used the ones that saddle over the leafs, mounted just behind the axle. The top L-type were brackets welded to the outside of the frame just above.
We roughly figured where the bags would sit, and from there where the top brackets needed to be welded to the frame.
The bottom mounts that saddle the springs need to have the position they will be at, figured with the weight of the vehicle on the tires.
The first time we positioned the lower brackets, we did it with the weight off of the tires. Wrong!
What happened was that as the springs compressed as the weight was put on the tires, that original bottom position placement caused that bag to bind, as it was too far back. This actually caused one of the bags to rupture!
Sigh! Start again! Lol!
No on-board compressor, so I put the fitting for the schrader valve inside the gas door. The lines were 'T'd so they received even air pressure side-to-side.
You can't run these bags empty. They require a minimum of, IIRC, at least 5lbs. pressure all the time. Gotta figure that into your calculations when getting them into the right position.
Hope this was what you were asking for, & my explanation is a little clearer than mud!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Wow! Long time since I read that thread!
Those are the same bags I used, just mounted on the backside of the axle. I actually like this way better!

You must be registered for see images attach