350 TBI intake questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am going to be throwing a Edelbrock 3704 intake on my 95 Tahoe 350 TBI soon picked it up cheap, so gonna get a TBI gasket, themostat and gasket, EGR valve, know the deal with the rear quick disconnect, I need help figuring out what these other sensors etc. are, first one is near the thermostat

You must be registered for see images attach

Next one is on the back of the intake has a vac line going from it

You must be registered for see images

And the last one is on the pass side near the valve cover

You must be registered for see images attach

And near the thermostat thats the intake temp sensor on the other side?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
First one is the purge solenoid for the charcoal cannister. You'll note the line coming from it goes to the cannister up on the core support.

Second is added by someone - follow the line to see where it goes. Someone decided they needed full manifold vacuum supply to who knows what? Looks like it has a factory style line on it though. At any rate that port on the intake is normally plugged with a pipe plug.

Final one is the EGR solenoid.

Richard

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, ya the second one goes to the A/C that one can prolly be used again unless it breaks coming off, rest I figured id do since it all has to come off for the swap, and there is a sensor to the left of of the thermostat any idea what that is?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Sensor next to the thermostat is your CTS - coolant temperature sensor - might as well install a brand new one, good brand only like AC Delco or Delphi, while you're in there working.

OK so that extra vacuum line off that fitting must go to a valve on your heater hoses, passenger side near the firewall? Guessing you have rear A/C/heat on your Tahoe.

Richard

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sensor next to the thermostat is your CTS - coolant temperature sensor - might as well install a brand new one, good brand only like AC Delco or Delphi, while you're in there working.

OK so that extra vacuum line off that fitting must go to a valve on your heater hoses, passenger side near the firewall? Guessing you have rear A/C/heat on your Tahoe.

Richard

Thanks again, there is a hose from that valve up to the A/C stuff on the firewall and that vac line on the intake goes there too I think ill look again latter