305 vortec to 350 crate motor swap exhaust question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrvsfriend

Reaction score
I just bought a crate 350 vortec, going from a 305, and was wondering what all i need to do wih the single cat setup from the 305, will it run with the 305 y piped exhaust? Do i need to swap the pcm for a 350?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just bought a crate 350 vortec, going from a 305, and was wondering what all i need to do wih the single cat setup from the 305, will it run with the 305 y piped exhaust? Do i need to swap the pcm for a 350?

You need a 350 tune but you need the 350 tune setup for the single cat and the 02 configuration or else it will run terribly. I would really suggest an aftermarket dual cat set like magnaflow makes for the 350s. The 305s actually run better with 350 dual cats than the single cat setup. When GM tested those engines the 305s already ran more exhaust back pressure than the 350s.

mrvsfriend

Reaction score
You mentioned a 411 van pcm in another post, would that need to be reflashed for the truck or plug and play?

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe have Blackbear tune your current pcm?

mrvsfriend

Reaction score
Figure id po'st some pictures of the new motor.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

mrvsfriend

Reaction score
Took some time cleaning the intake manifolds and rebuilding the fuel injectors, also painted what i could on the frame. I`ll be rebuilding the nv3500 transmission while the motor is out as well.

Last edited:

Enigma540

Reaction score
While it's right there, and opened up, I'd junk the factory poppets right now, unless they are new.