30" LED Bar Install + Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Just another idea - I used a 32" curved bar and had to make some "adjustments" to the bar itself.
You must be registered for see images attach

Had to make it fit... and it just BARELY fit.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just another idea - I used a 32" curved bar and had to make some "adjustments" to the bar itself.

Had to make it fit... and it just BARELY fit.

Looks amazing, how much was that light bar and what are the lumens?

Live action!!

RamAirDave

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
OH HELL yes!!

Exactly what I was wanting to do on mine. Got any pics of it on at night?

Also, have you experienced any issues with the light from removing the heat sink area on the back? Just wonder about it overheating.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
$125 for that light bar AND you managed to tear into it!! I doubt it will last more than 2 years. You get what you pay for with these light bars.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
$125 for that light bar AND you managed to tear into it!! I doubt it will last more than 2 years. You get what you pay for with these light bars.
Not really at all they're all the same just different brand names

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All of the cheaper light bars use 2.5 or 3 watt diodes. the more expensive brand step up to 5 watt diodes therefore allowing them to put out more lumens. Also, the cheaper ones always seem to be advertised as very poorly. A buddy of mine recently put a 50" light bar on his truck that was advertised as putting out 30,000 lumens. I measured it with my light meter and it was actually putting out just under 13,000!!!!!! Im not saying that the cheaper ones are not bright but they just dont compare to the better brands out there.

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The better brands don't realize they are horribly overpriced or think that they are some how so great that they are worth anywhere from 3x to 6x the cost. 125 is a steal and I'm sure it will last just fine. Even if the thing only lasts 2 years and assuming they stayed the same price, he could have bought enough to last 12 years for the cost of the so called better brands. There is no way that they are worth it. I laugh when I see people buying procomp or rigid light bars.