2WD Low range

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can't find it, but I read somewhere that you can put a rocker switch on the front diff actuator wire and therefore run low range in 2WD. Does anyone know exactly which wire that is or have a tutorial?

With my 5spd swap it seems like 2wd low would be really handy in case I need to really crawl up a hill or something.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, but not interested in the posi-lok. I converted to the electronic actuator last year, and I know there is one wire you can put a rocker switch on to toggle on/off while in low range.

Blue975speed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
if theres just 2 wires going to it, you could do it with either or, that way your either giving it a hot or giving it a ground. Or well a + or a - beings its dc. if you have a voltage tester then get someone to pull the tcase lever and while you probe the wires. which ever one gives you 12 volts between it and ground is the one.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never updated this, but my 2LO is now functional. There are 2 (manual) or 3 (auto) wires going to the tcase switch. Pin A is always hot with the ignition on (brown wire in my case), Pin B is only hot when 4HI or 4LO is selected (green wire for me) and Pin C is hot when in 4LO (blue). I put a rocker switch in the Pin B circuit and I can switch the front diff on/off and the 4WD light goes on/off with it. Leave the switch on and it functions just like factory. Switch it off and you can shift to low range without 4WD.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got that 1-ton tcase working too...just had to splice that 1-wire "clutch coil" into that same Pin B wire.