2wd lift options ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paytonz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I just got another square body. A 95 2wd and got some 33s on it. I had to trim a lot to fit them but the previous had said he put a lift on it. It has a AAL in the back but I'm not sure about the front. Os it possible to see if a coil spacer is on there if you crawl up under the truck? I wanna lift the front more but wasn't sure if I could just get a spacer or full spindle lift. Its not body lifted but that's a option too. Any comments ate greatly appriciated

Paytonz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rough country makes a 4 inch spindle lift for 2wd

Yeah I saw that. But if I can I would just get a coil spacer. Do you know if you can see a spacer from under the truck? The previous said he lifted it but I only noticed a AAL in the back.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Yeah I saw that. But if I can I would just get a coil spacer. Do you know if you can see a spacer from under the truck? The previous said he lifted it but I only noticed a AAL in the back.

It may be difficult to see the spacer because they actually sit ontop of the coil. If you get a small flashlight and shine up through the middle at an angle, you might be able to see it. But otherwise it will be difficult to see it. I'm gonna be lifting my 2wd eventually and I'll be getting something to level it and that spindle lift mentioned earlier

Sent while pulling out a Ford

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score

honestly i wouldnt run spacers, if you want to lift the front end without running a spindle lift i would get some 3/4 ton coil springs instead, since you said you trimmed that should be sufficient.

i see your from Rome, GA im from woodstock/acworth area myself

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
It may be difficult to see the spacer because they actually sit ontop of the coil. If you get a small flashlight and shine up through the middle at an angle, you might be able to see it. But otherwise it will be difficult to see it. I'm gonna be lifting my 2wd eventually and I'll be getting something to level it and that spindle lift mentioned earlier

im putting the spindle lift on my truck next weekend, im gonna try to do a writeup on it

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Don't bother with 3/4 ton coils. You'll get an inch of lift at the most. Rough Country makes a 2" lift spring for these trucks. That's what I have.

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
I always thought that next go round I'd get a 2wd, do a SAS and be done with it! Besides, 2wd insurance is cheaper than 4wd :evillol:

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
I always thought that next go round I'd get a 2wd, do a SAS and be done with it! Besides, 2wd insurance is cheaper than 4wd :evillol:

That's why I don't have a 4x4 :bawl: I got my truck when I was 16 so it was in my moms name and she was paying for insurance. So she wouldn't let me get a 4x4

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
That's why I don't have a 4x4 :bawl: I got my truck when I was 16 so it was in my moms name and she was paying for insurance. So she wouldn't let me get a 4x4

:bowroflwerd6: I remember that exact situation with my mom when I was young! But it taught me to check insurance prices BEFORE I buy a vehicle!

There's alot of Toyota guys SASing 2wd's, cause people what so damn much for them 4wd's haha