2WD 4L60E to 4L80E Swap (while LS swapping truck)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alwayssomethin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright Ive seen all the 4x4 stuff, but really looking for some 2wd specific info without the other info overload from the 4x4 stuff. For those who dont know, Im LS swapping my 96 RCSB, Mildly build 6L, I picked up an 06 4L80E with 80K for $175 last night, and am curious to swap specifics, Im having my standalone repinned for the 4L80E which is swapping a couple pins, and adding for a speed sensor.

Main questions are:
Flexplate (which im sure is just OE 6L/4L80 flexplate) Correct me if Im wrong
Crossmember, can just slide it back for the correct position and redrill holes, or is there more to it than that?
Driveshaft Mods required? Clueless lol

Thanks in advance guys...

GRIMEE

Reaction score
flex plate is 4l80 you can move the stock cross member back and drill new holes and you will need a 4l80 yolk for the front of the drive line and depending on whos motor mounts you use you might need to shorten the drive line
You must be registered for see images attach

6.0 4l80 swap

Alwayssomethin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
flex plate is 4l80 you can move the stock cross member back and drill new holes and you will need a 4l80 yolk for the front of the drive line and depending on whos motor mounts you use you might need to shorten the drive line
You must be registered for see images attach

6.0 4l80 swap

Ill be running dirty dingo mounts (will I have to shorten if you have experience w this?), Are the U joints the same size for the 80E yolk or do you have to have a specific U joint for the 80 yolk and stock 60 driveshaft?

GRIMEE

Reaction score
if you run the D.D. mounts you can put the motor where ever you want so you can leave the drive shaft the same length as for the u joint they should make a combo joint that will work I had an aluminum shaft built by Dynotech its bad ass and can handle the power