2000 K3500 SCLB 4x4 5.7 4L80E

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stumesa

Reaction score
Hey Yall,
Just picked up this truck, been looking for a while now and believe Ive found my keeper.
Im mainly looking for other guys who have a truck like this where the interior is one model year and the exterior is OBS, what searches yall do online and stores, 2000 K3500 doesnt bring up much for anyone so im assuming switching up the year and model will help me narrow down the parts/pieces ill be looking for! Any insight yall have would be fantastic.

It runs fantastic, so im planning on leaving the engine and trans alone till the very end besides a tune up.
Body wise Ive got quite a few dents to get out, and a grill and tail lights to replace, but most of that is pretty simple. More than likely upgrade the bumpers to something more beefy for all the deer we have around me, and then getting the entire thing vinyl wrapped black or painted, depending on cost. Rust is nonexistent on the truck that I can find in the body, and even the frame only has a small amount here and there.
You must be registered for see images attach

Interior isnt terrible, needs the arm rest on the doors replaced, door handles, glove box, and a very good cleaning. Ill prbly end up upgrading the radio and replacing all the speakers while im in there.

Spray in bed liner will happen as well for sure.

Stumesa

Reaction score

Stumesa

Reaction score

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
....where the interior is one model year and the exterior is OBS, what searches yall do online and stores, 2000 K3500 doesnt bring up much for anyone so im assuming switching up the year and model will help me narrow down the parts/pieces ill be looking for! Any insight yall have would be fantastic.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean.... you're truck is all one model year. It's a GMT-400 made in 2000 which confuses some people and companies since GM had already introduced the GMT-800 in 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks.

If you're looking at stock replacement type parts, look up your year make and model like you would for any other vehicle. Most will be accurate. It's aftermarket performance stuff that I find to be troublesome. You'll want to use 1998 instead of 2000. For instance Prothane makes nothing that will fit my 1999, according to them, even though it's basically the same as a 1998. Same dimensions but somehow the laws of physics read their catalog and won't let the parts fit.... it's amazing, really. Some catalogs will list both GMT-400 and GMT-800 parts for those years.

Stumesa

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure what you mean.... you're truck is all one model year. It's a GMT-400 made in 2000 which confuses some people and companies since GM had already introduced the GMT-800 in 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks.

If you're looking at stock replacement type parts, look up your year make and model like you would for any other vehicle. Most will be accurate. It's aftermarket performance stuff that I find to be troublesome. You'll want to use 1998 instead of 2000. For instance Prothane makes nothing that will fit my 1999, according to them, even though it's basically the same as a 1998. Same dimensions but somehow the laws of physics read their catalog and won't let the parts fit.... it's amazing, really. Some catalogs will list both GMT-400 and GMT-800 parts for those years.

After doing some looking around I see what you mean, the usual sites I go to for parts just weren’t pulling up much of anything on my phone, soon as I got on the laptop a lot more parts show up.
Thanks

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The seat in your truck looks like it is from a '94 or older gmt400.

Stumesa

Reaction score
The seat in your truck looks like it is from a '94 or older gmt400.
It looks identical to the one that was in my 94, I thought it should have something that looked newer, I’m assuming they are interchangeable between 94-98?

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am not 100% certain what years are interchangeable? I bought a new '95 back in '95, and now I have a '99. Mine both had the same seats in them (if I remember correctly), and they looked different than your seat.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It looks like they swapped in an early bench.

Great looking truck! I never realized how hard it was to find a RCLB one ton that was 4x4 or wasn't beat to piss.
Looking forward to seeing more!

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am not 100% certain what years are interchangeable? I bought a new '95 back in '95, and now I have a '99. Mine both had the same seats in them (if I remember correctly), and they looked different than your seat.

88-94 is the first interior, 95 thru 98/99/00 was the second interior. So the seats are the same in a 95 and 99.

The model year generally starts the end of July/beginning of August. GM introduced the GMT 800 Silverado 1500's in RC and EC in August of 98. Only one plant was making the GMT 800, the other Chevy plant and GMC plant continued to make GMT 400's. GM called these "Classics" to differentiate from the GMT800's. The Classics in 1500's continued to be produced until approximately Nov/Dec of 98.

The GMT 800 Suburban 1500's and Tahoes, 2500 Silverados in RC and EC were introduced in 2000. The 2500 Suburbans, the 2500 CC Silverados, and the 3500 in all the body styles in the GMT 800's were introduced in 2001 (Although I think the 2500 Suburban GMT 800 may have been available mid 2000).