2000 GMC C/3500 Crew Cab Dually 5/7 on 22's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dragoz2020

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well dang, looks like Wallace Dually Fender shut down. I was gonna suggest them as they used to make wider fenders too.
I asked and nobody had any suggestions? I am not a fanboy for any brand or fabricator. I am a retail customer, so try to find the best and/or the best value I can. So the 323 guys are there and they called me back and helped, so they get the business. They have a lot of pictures online, they are active in their social media, so you know they take their business seriously and I respect that.

dragoz2020

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
More ugly engine bay pics!! This was AFTER the pressure wash!!! So, it does have a BANKS PERFORMACE header kit!! The aftermarket oil filter kit with dual giant oil filters (NAPA 1773) was needed because the BANKS PERFORMANCE HEADERS blocked the oil filter from mounting in the stock position. So, the remote mount was necessary and as far as I can tell, the oil filter is NOT a Banks part. I include pics of the headers just because it is interesting and these are the kind of things you will likely find when you do a project. Also, the distributor gears were eaten up, so I had to buy a new distributor and while at it, put in new engine mounts and tranny mount, along with replacing the
You must be registered for see images attach
radiator.

dragoz2020

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
More engine ugliness. This is always the phase that I worry the most about. This is where the bigger problems are discovered. We hope for the best, and then we find out the bad news and the "great deal" we thought we got starts to look like we were suckers. This is where the $5K engine swap becomes the $10K never finished pile of crap that you sell to some other foolish builder!!! Engine had gaulled cylinders, and looks like a piston ring burned through and blew motor.

dragoz2020

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cudos. I couldn't monetarily justify doing so much work before having it running and driving.
I agree, the problem is, if you get something cheap and it doesn't work, what choice do you have? In this case, the 3500 was solid, clean and was the last year OBS GMT400 CCD. It had one dent in the passenger rear fender, the interior was solid, and actually looked like a non-smoker, non-children, non-car eater owned it!!! Whatever engine failure occurred was what led to this C3500's demise, it was a freeway recovered auction from the NHP. The front plate indicates an air force veteran owned it and the bed indicated it was used for gooseneck trailer towing - maybe a retired couple?? It was not a work truck, not a chopped up kid truck, not a farm animal truck and had NO RUST and AZ plates = dry desert environment.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Those Banks headers!

I've heard they're no good, would probably work better on a BBC Suburban like mine ;)