2 tone or pin stripe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Currently im doing pin stripe style. Ignore the mirror color scheme as i may be either getting different ones or painting those solid.

question; would the upper portion of the door fully painted look better or keep it like this ?

Eventually im gona take the chrome rocker panels off and either line x (same color) or straight paint the bottom again. Just a work in progress as i get cash freed up.

what about the hood and roof? I know my truck from 25 yrs ago had it all one scheme but have you had or ever seen it done with roof / hood main color and only the upper door and lower quarter panels done two tone?

Thanks in advance

You must be registered for see images attach

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Currently im doing pin stripe style. Ignore the mirror color scheme as i may be either getting different ones or painting those solid.

question; would the upper portion of the door fully painted look better or keep it like this ?

Eventually im gona take the chrome rocker panels off and either line x (same color) or straight paint the bottom again. Just a work in progress as i get cash freed up.

what about the hood and roof? I know my truck from 25 yrs ago had it all one scheme but have you had or ever seen it done with roof / hood main color and only the upper door and lower quarter panels done two tone?

Thanks in advance

I'm trying to understand your vision. I'm a bit slow lol. But I think pin stripes can look good depends on thickness,style,and color. The rocker idea seems cool. Especially if your matching the stock color. Not sure what you meant by the upper doors and mirrors though.lol

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The pin stripe is already on there. If u look at the top 2-3” of bed , and follow it all the way to grill. I did that this week

I'm trying to understand your vision. I'm a bit slow lol. But I think pin stripes can look good depends on thickness,style,and color. The rocker idea seems cool. Especially if your matching the stock color. Not sure what you meant by the upper doors and mirrors though.lol

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Basically in asking leave that silver 3” or paint the rest of the upper of cab too

Ok I get it. That's a tough one I think. If you paint the upper cab the same color. It would look like some 2 tones that came from factory which is cool. But then theres so many different turn outside you can do like green roof, silver upper door silver hood. Or just make it all silver like hood, upper door, and roof.
What option do you feel most best about?

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im thinking upper door to look more factory; especially since im doing quarter rocker panels / fender flares too. And the solid painted mirror would blend alot better too.

The one stripe would be fine if the bottom wasnt chrome rocker panel / painted in future.

Just gota decide now leave hood green or go silver ‍♂️♂️ It definitely needs a paint job regardless. I figure a couple rattle cans every other month or so and finaly finish it within a yr and spend around 150 on primer, paint, clearcoat and get to do it myself so i have an excuse to work in the shop is alot better than 800-1500 $ paint job by a paint / body shop!!!

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
The two-tone top and bottom was a factory option from 88-96 (maybe 97 too?):

Did a quick MS paint for you to get an idea of what it might look like with the silver top: