2 things that annoy the crap out of me with our trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have had a gmt400 for about 6 months now and have found 2 things that really annoy me but I like most everything else.

Rant 1. The stupid windshield wipers! They bounce across the windshield and even worse is the wash process. You hit the mister and it does OK but then it does 1-2 too many wipes and ends up bouncing across and making it dirty again.

Rant 2. The gas pedal has this 2 stage feel where it pushes in smooth and then part way down it hits this resistance which seems to always make it kick down a gear. The problem is that the first stage is too short. I should be able to give it much more throttle before hitting resistance and let my 454 pull without making it downshift! It's a torque monster and doesn't need to downshift just because I give it more than 50 percent throttle. I wish it was just entirely smooth with no kick down feel and that I could be in control of the throttle point that where it decides to shift down.

Those two things drive me nuts! I know they are small but they are just such a stupid setup or design that I can't get over it.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Depending on your year, that kickdown may be adjustable... You are SOL on the windshield wiper issue. I mud ride alot and have the same problem with the extra wipes after you stop spraying. Never really understood that.

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Really? It's a 96. How would I go about finding if I can adjust it?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Your complaining that your truck shifts down when you push the gas clear down? Haha

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha no. I'm complaining because it shifts down at like 50 percent throttle.

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And because it has that physical resistance point that makes it feel like you can accelerate a bit or a lot but that you don't have full control over that range if that makes sense

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
No, 96 is not adjustable. May have a snag in the throttle cable or something. Would be worth looking into...