2 things that annoy the crap out of me with our trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The wipers are definitely just the blades. I had a old set on my 95 and they would chatter and bounce like crazy. Once I put new ones on there they worked perfect.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
96+ wiper arms (or is it 95?) with Bosch Icon wipers and Rain-X washer fluid. No more bouncing wipers :deal:

Last edited:

jt1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i get the cheapo wipers when they go on sale, one set a year. cant go wrong

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like I need to try a new set. My wife's 99 Yukon has the a different brand than mine and both do it so at least that eliminates 1 brand to try out. Hers are the kind that are hinged and mine are the solid black that is curved

Now if we could just find someone good with circuit boards that could explain how we could alter the number of wipes it does when you use the mister

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
i get the cheapo wipers when they go on sale, one set a year. cant go wrong

In the Okanagan, I could go about 8 months with NO wipers/arms on the truck! Do I ever miss that!
Down here in soggy wet rainforest, 3-4 sets a year.
Just bought new blades. It's that time of year. The monsoons are a-comin'!

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Your wiper problem is bcuase of the wipers themselves. What I hate about the mist is that it starts wiping before it sprays. My truck sits on a dusty job site all day, and when I go to clean the windshield when I leave it wipes a dry dusty windshield.

The absolute number one thing I hate about these trucks though, is where the foot vents blow. When it's freezing out, I want that nice warm air hitting my feet. My bottom vents hit my damn lap.

~Via Mobile

rook

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The absolute number one thing I hate about these trucks though, is where the foot vents blow. When it's freezing out, I want that nice warm air hitting my feet. My bottom vents hit my damn lap.
~Via Mobile

Exactly. I'm going to fix this. Minor thing, awesome results if it would actually blow on your feet...

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Exactly. I'm going to fix this. Minor thing, awesome results if it would actually blow on your feet...

Mine blows on my feet but it's a 99

And that wiper thing about the extra wipes

I spray the windshield a couple times then when it's gonna be the last wipe slightly before I click it forward to (auto) and back n it stops ha!

Like I trick the wipers to think they were on automatic and turned off type of thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like I need to try a new set. My wife's 99 Yukon has the a different brand than mine and both do it so at least that eliminates 1 brand to try out. Hers are the kind that are hinged and mine are the solid black that is curved

Now if we could just find someone good with circuit boards that could explain how we could alter the number of wipes it does when you use the mister

Try Bosch wiper blades. They're all I ever use. I've had sets of bosches last 2+ years without ever being replaced on a daily driver. Buy them, tomorrow, you won't regret it.

I also have a 454, it's a 97, and to give you some insight I hardly ever get a downshift when between 50-75% accel pedal. I even have larger tires. Make sure your accelerator cable linkage is allowing the throttle body to be fully closed. Take a resistance reading of you TPS throughout the range with an analog meter and make sure it's a smooth transition through the range of travel. Do you have factory-sized tires?