2 dr tahoe factory leaf springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
Yeah you are right about the different length's, but you can run the secondary leaves from a truck on a 2DR or Burb etc, I have done it with no problem's. Then again if you have found someone to trade then that would be the way to go. Also yeah a truck flip kit will work fine, but you still need to change the front hanger's out or it will be way to low. Just like on a burb. Burb's and 2DR's have a front leaf hanger that has the spring mounting point up higher than it is on a truck. In fact you can bolt on burb front hanger's and add some 2 in. drop shackles for a 4 in rear drop on a truck!

Thanks again draggin , You are one of the most people on this site, It looks like me and custom 06 are gonna be swapping springs . What hangers do I need to look out for ? truck hangers ?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well Belltech and DJM sell lift hanger's for the burb's and 2DR's to use with a flip kit to put you back at the 6 in drop instead of 8, but I would bet that a set of truck hanger's could be installed to get the lift you need without having to buy some expensive part's, more than likely you will have to drill a couple of holes though as the burb and truck hanger's have a slightly different mounting pattern, but several of the holes do line up. I just installed a set of burb hanger's on a truck so I know this work's. Either way I can't wait to see your 2DR dropped!

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
There is a couple junkyards are around here that Im postive I could find the hangers at, finding a cordless drill thats up to the challenge of drilling out the rivets is another story lol , Ill install the flip and see how it sits , You never know I might just make the front sit level with it :evillol:

edit: I might just order those , that would probably be easier

Last edited: