2 dr tahoe factory leaf springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
Im trying to find to some factory 2dr tahoe leafs so I can finally drop the rear of my 2dr down to 7in and be able to get some helper bags down the road, I currently have the 3.5 in drop leafs and would be willing to trade someone also if someone wanted to drop the rear of thiers, I know shipping will be a pain but I can't find any local so Im running out of options . Please note they have to be from a 2dr tahoe 2wd/4wd makes no difference Thanks in advance!!!!

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
good luck man I bet those are gonna be a ***** to find. Ill start hitting yards after the first of the year again and maybe find something. Usually dont see any 2 drs though

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
I appreciate it man , we've got a couple junkyards around here but ive had no luck at all, I know its a longshot but you never know

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you have the kind of drop leaf spring's where there are a couple of less spring's in each pack than there is in a regular 2DR spring pack, and also if they are those do they have the little short spring sections that allow you to still use the factory length u bolt's?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If they are the type of drop spring that I mentioned then I would mod the ones you have, I have taken those same type of drop leaves and added the typically 2 spring's that they are missing back to them and basically make them just like an oe pack. I have also taken a stock pack and removed 2 leaves and used the plasma cutter and shorten the 2 springs that were removed in to just spacer's to be able to keep the original U bolt's. Anyway just a thought.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply draggin , yes they are the drop your talking about but if I added leafs to the pack wouldnt I need 2dr leafs? They are shorter than the truck and 4 Dr leafs if what I've read is true. Iirc 2drs are 52in from eyelid to eyelid, while 4 dr and truck springs are 54 in and subs are 56in . Don't hold me too that but I thats the one little bit of info I could find. But if I can do that with different leafs I would Def consider it, also I have a new flip kit for truck , it should work for my tahoe right?

And custom I called you earlier today , just give me a ring back when you get the time

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey twodoor, give me a call @ the office. Sorry I missed your call.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply draggin , yes they are the drop your talking about but if I added leafs to the pack wouldnt I need 2dr leafs? They are shorter than the truck and 4 Dr leafs if what I've read is true. Iirc 2drs are 52in from eyelid to eyelid, while 4 dr and truck springs are 54 in and subs are 56in . Don't hold me too that but I thats the one little bit of info I could find. But if I can do that with different leafs I would Def consider it, also I have a new flip kit for truck , it should work for my tahoe right?

And custom I called you earlier today , just give me a ring back when you get the time
Yeah you are right about the different length's, but you can run the secondary leaves from a truck on a 2DR or Burb etc, I have done it with no problem's. Then again if you have found someone to trade then that would be the way to go. Also yeah a truck flip kit will work fine, but you still need to change the front hanger's out or it will be way to low. Just like on a burb. Burb's and 2DR's have a front leaf hanger that has the spring mounting point up higher than it is on a truck. In fact you can bolt on burb front hanger's and add some 2 in. drop shackles for a 4 in rear drop on a truck!