2/4 drop on 20s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5.3_silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am looking to buying some new tires really quick and I can't figure what size would look good and not rub. I've seen alot of 275/45/20 on here but no one has said anything about rubbing. I was wondering if there are some more sizes out there. That has a little side wall. I have 20x8.5 with 2/4 drop with beltech spindles. I want the same size all around so I can rotate tires and make them last longer I want to to some different inputs about what you had to do to not make them rub.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I have run the 20's on my black truck (sig. 4/7) on my '97 (2/4). Although they are a staggered 20X8.5" & 10", the fronts are 255/45's.
Yea, they'll rub. But only rarely, & even then, it's where most other sized tires will rub. Right at the rear lower edge of the wheel well. Heck, my 15's will rub in the same spot.
It's gotta be a pretty good bump or dip to make the wheels rub, though.
Roll the fender lips. I've ground down all the bolts ends sticking into the fender well to be even with the nuts.
But driving a lowered vehicle requires a bit of a different style. Even just a 2/4. You learn after a while. Things like keeping to the left or right in a lane in order to hit the high spots at the expansion joints & railroad tracks. Staying outa the grooves that the semi's make. Taking corners from flats onto hills wide so as not to rub things at either end of the truck. It's a steep learning curve! Lol! After a while, it's second nature.

5.3_silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have run the 20's on my black truck (sig. 4/7) on my '97 (2/4). Although they are a staggered 20X8.5" & 10", the fronts are 255/45's.
Yea, they'll rub. But only rarely, & even then, it's where most other sized tires will rub. Right at the rear lower edge of the wheel well. Heck, my 15's will rub in the same spot.
It's gotta be a pretty good bump or dip to make the wheels rub, though.
Roll the fender lips. I've ground down all the bolts ends sticking into the fender well to be even with the nuts.
But driving a lowered vehicle requires a bit of a different style. Even just a 2/4. You learn after a while. Things like keeping to the left or right in a lane in order to hit the high spots at the expansion joints & railroad tracks. Staying outa the grooves that the semi's make. Taking corners from flats onto hills wide so as not to rub things at either end of the truck. It's a steep learning curve! Lol! After a while, it's second nature.
That's what I've been doing. Learning this truck as I go. I had a 92 that was the same. I was flying around corners eventually.