1st vehicle in 8yrs since my bad stroke : LSX Turbo 2dr Yukon ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richincanada

Reaction score
Hey all,
A little over 8 yrs ago, I had a severe strooke - paralysis, tube feeding, vision field loss, blah blah blah...Anyways, I've recovered to where I think I'll be driving again by spring. I have always been a car guy, I've had numerous musclecars including a vette, 87 GN, 9sec turbomustang, volvo 740 w/5.0 swap, etc.
I want a 4wd SUV and have it narrowed down to an 06-10 Jeep SRT8 or a 95-99 2 door tahoe/yukon, I think they look great. I'd swap in a 6.0/4L80 with a turbo (my best friend is a fabricator/mechanic/car guy). I definitely want to keep 4wd, a strong 0-60 with traction.
I've researched a bit, enough to know that it can be done, I need info on diffs, Tcases, etc. Any help wold be great.
What would you do ?

Rich-

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
Glad to hear about the awesome recovery! Congrats! As for your yukon/tahoe adventure
I'd do a 5.3 or 6.0 swap with a 4l60e and according transfer case to make it all work

sent from my glade air freshner

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
It's a sickening bug lol that kit looks fun. There's a guy with a turbo Lq4 suburban and that thing moves

sent from my glade air freshner

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Glad to hear your recovering. Both my parents had strokes and neither faired well.

Sounds like a good project idea.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Precision torque converter they have a lifetime warranty and you get one free stall. When you burn the 4l80e down. It save you some on the rebuild

richincanada

Reaction score
Yep. I used a PI converter in my 9 sec Turbo Mustang. A friend of mine has a '13 Mustang with a Paxton, he went 9.40 with a Circle D converter.